Welcome to Ghana Pundit: The Home of Politics and Intelligent Analysis

LATEST:

Grab the widget  Tech Dreams

Insist on Your Right to Education

Uneducated citizenry is like a pitch any game can be played on it. Illiteracy is what has given the politicians in Ghana the chance to fool so many people for so a long a time.

Friday, August 14, 2009

Ohene Ntow: I saw police brutalize protestor


Nana Ohene Ntow, says he saw police brutalise MKK
Nana Ohene Ntow, says he saw police brutalise MKK

New Patriotic Party General Secretary, Nana Ohene Ntow, has told a press conference in Accra that he personally witnessed police brutalize a member of the party who had joined protestors against the detention of ex-Information Minister, Stephen Asamoah Boateng.

30-year-old Salisu Ahmed Maikanka, popularly called MKK, died Friday morning while being rushed to the hospital after collapsing during preparation for prayers.

Police have taken over the body for postmortem and investigations but the NPP scribe says an independent inquiry would be more appropriate.

Early reports had said he was one of many brutalized by security agents after the protests turned rowdy and police chased the crowds with tear gas.

“I was physically present, I saw it myself not that somebody reported it to me. I saw the bow being dragged on the road and I saw a group of policemen heckling him here and there. I had to move off to some distance. I saw it,” Ohene Ntow said.

Ohene Ntow said Salisu Maikanka told his family about the assault, and over the night he was vomiting blood.

MKK’s family was in the process of preparing the body for burial in keeping with his Muslim faith when police arrived to take the body to the Police Hospital morgue.


Story by Isaac Yeboah/Myjoyonline.com/Ghana

No comments:

Ghana Pundit Headline News

E-mail subscription

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Pan Africa News

Graphic Ghana

MYJOYONLINE.COM

Peacefm Online - News with a vision

The Times - World News

The Times - Africa News

Pambazuka News :Emerging powers in Africa Watch

AfricaNews - RSS News

The Zimbabwe Telegraph

BBC News | Africa | World Edition

Modern Ghana

My Blog List

R.I.P.

R.I.P.

AfriGator

AfrigatorAfrigator