Welcome to Ghana Pundit: The Home of Politics and Intelligent Analysis

LATEST:

Grab the widget  Tech Dreams

Insist on Your Right to Education

Uneducated citizenry is like a pitch any game can be played on it. Illiteracy is what has given the politicians in Ghana the chance to fool so many people for so a long a time.

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Osei Prempeh: I Was Threatened And Insulted But…I'm Ready To Work With ‘Wontumi’

 
<< Prev  |  Next >>
 
27-Jan-2014  
 Comments ( 9 )  Email  Print
   
 
 
 
 
 
Related Stories
 
 
 Former deputy Minister of Justice and AttorneyGeneral and a leading member of the NewPatriotic Party (NPP), Kwame Osei Prempeh has pledged his unflinching support to ‘Chairman Wontumi’.

Kwame Osei Prempeh contested and lost tobusiness mogul and former Bosomtwe constituency chairman of NPP, Bernard Antwi Boasiako, aka Wuntumi in the just ended Regional Executiveselections.

The contest which was described as a fierce one, saw Chairman Wontumi winning with 509 votes; beating Osei Prempeh who polled 209 votes.

Speaking to Kwami Sefa Kayi on Peace FM’s morning show ‘Kokrokoo’, Osei Prempeh said ‘as a good politician’ heconceded defeat immediately the results were announced.

He indicated the fact that he lost does not mean he is going to leave the party.

“I am ready to render any help needed in NPP… if he (Wontumi) calls on me for help; why not. Losing will not take me out of NPP” he said.

Responding to whether or not Chairman Wontumi bought the votes of delegates, Osei Prempeh said: “Whether he usedmoney or he was helped the bottom line is that he has won and so we will back him to work. I didn’t mention Wontumi’s name on any of the platforms I campaigned on and that was to avoid acrimony; I was threatened and insulted but I have forgiven and forgotten…I don’t have any problem if he wants us to work together…”
 
 
 
Source: Rebecca Addo Tetteh/Peacefmonline.com

No comments:

Ghana Pundit Headline News

E-mail subscription

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Pan Africa News

Graphic Ghana

MYJOYONLINE.COM

Peacefm Online - News with a vision

The Times - World News

The Times - Africa News

Pambazuka News :Emerging powers in Africa Watch

AfricaNews - RSS News

The Zimbabwe Telegraph

BBC News | Africa | World Edition

Modern Ghana

My Blog List

R.I.P.

R.I.P.

AfriGator

AfrigatorAfrigator