Welcome to Ghana Pundit: The Home of Politics and Intelligent Analysis

LATEST:

Grab the widget  Tech Dreams

Insist on Your Right to Education

Uneducated citizenry is like a pitch any game can be played on it. Illiteracy is what has given the politicians in Ghana the chance to fool so many people for so a long a time.

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Why Would They Want To Sacrifice Me...? I Know Mahama Won't Do That – Abuga Pele


 
 
Related Stories
 
 
The former National Coordinator of the GhanaYouth Employment and EntrepreneurialDevelopment Agency(GYEEDA) says he is clean of the criminal charges leveled against him in connection with the implementation of modules under the programme.

According to him, it is totally untrue that the Mahama-led administration would want to use him as a “scapegoat” in the corruption controversy that has bedeviled the agency.

He noted that, President John Dramani Mahama will under no circumstance sacrifice him knowing very well that he is innocent.

“I have done nothing wrong for them to sacrifice me. What I know is that, Ghanaians are calling for the truth; they are not calling for a sacrificial lamb.

“I trust the President, he has conscience, he is humane and very kind. He (Mahama) will not see to it that the innocent is been sacrificed. I have heard that they want to use me tocleanse the system but I trust the President,” he said.

Abuga Pele and the Chief Executive Officer of Goodwill International Group, Philip Akpeena Assibit are standing trial at the Fast Track High Court on 19 criminal charges related to fraudulent contracts awarded to some private firms by the programme.

The two were however granted bail though Mr. Abuga Pele has been cited for causing financial loss to the state.

Speaking on Adom FM, Monday, Mr. Abuga Pele opined that “People make it look like I am corrupt. They have judged and condemned me”.

Adding that “I will be shocked if they sacrifice me…I have worked so hard for this party (National Democratic Congress, NDC) whiles in opposition…I have sacrificed for this party. So why would they use me as a scapegoat?”
 
 
 
Source: King Edward Ambrose Washman Addo/ Peacefmonline.com/Ghana

No comments:

Ghana Pundit Headline News

E-mail subscription

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Pan Africa News

Graphic Ghana

MYJOYONLINE.COM

Peacefm Online - News with a vision

The Times - World News

The Times - Africa News

Pambazuka News :Emerging powers in Africa Watch

AfricaNews - RSS News

The Zimbabwe Telegraph

BBC News | Africa | World Edition

Modern Ghana

My Blog List

R.I.P.

R.I.P.

AfriGator

AfrigatorAfrigator