Welcome to Ghana Pundit: The Home of Politics and Intelligent Analysis

LATEST:

Grab the widget  Tech Dreams

Insist on Your Right to Education

Uneducated citizenry is like a pitch any game can be played on it. Illiteracy is what has given the politicians in Ghana the chance to fool so many people for so a long a time.

Thursday, April 29, 2010

AMA guards had sex with me in return for my goods; victim alleges





  
 
A victim of sexual assault by some guards of the Accra Metropolitan Assembly (AMA) has alleged that some guards of the AMA forced her into having sex in order to retrieve her confiscated goods.

This was because she was unable to pay an amount of GHC 50 and GHC 150 demanded by the guards.

According to the victim, whose identity is withheld, she had to succumb to sex on three occasions because she did not have money to pay for the penalty.

The Patriot Newspaper today published that some AMA guards at Kwame Nkrumah Circle, Accra Makola Market and parts of Accra were demanding these huge sums of money from the traders and if they failed to pay, they were asked to have sex with them in return for their goods.

The paper alleged that ladies who are fair in complexion are charged exorbitantly to make it impossible for them to pay and easy to be forced into bed.

Speaking in an interview with Asempa News, the victim said she believes she is not the only person who has been abused.

Asked if the guards indeed slept with her she answered “Yes they slept with me! three times. In the first time, I was able to pay part of the requested amount, but the subsequent ones, I could not afford, so they asked me to have sex with them instead of the amount”.

Asked whether she was forced, the victim said she was not forced, but because she wanted her goods that were seized, she had no option than to succumb to their demand of having sex with her”. “They did not force me, but I needed my goods. I did not like him, but because of my goods, I had to allow them. They do it to most ladies, be they fair, dark or chocolate”, the victim explained.

Asked whether she could identify some of the guards, the victim answered in an affirmative. “I can identify them if I see them. The victim explained that several female traders are going through such ordeals but are afraid of coming out.

Story: Kwaku Antwi-Otoo/Asempa FM

No comments:

Ghana Pundit Headline News

E-mail subscription

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Pan Africa News

Graphic Ghana

MYJOYONLINE.COM

Peacefm Online - News with a vision

The Times - World News

The Times - Africa News

Pambazuka News :Emerging powers in Africa Watch

AfricaNews - RSS News

The Zimbabwe Telegraph

BBC News | Africa | World Edition

Modern Ghana

My Blog List

R.I.P.

R.I.P.

AfriGator

AfrigatorAfrigator