Welcome to Ghana Pundit: The Home of Politics and Intelligent Analysis

LATEST:

Grab the widget  Tech Dreams

Insist on Your Right to Education

Uneducated citizenry is like a pitch any game can be played on it. Illiteracy is what has given the politicians in Ghana the chance to fool so many people for so a long a time.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Court orders full disclosure of bank account of Wereko-Brobby


Dr Charles Wereko-Brobby
Dr Charles Wereko-Brobby
An Accra court has ordered the Prudential Bank to disclose the full details of the bank account of a business venture run by Dr Charles Wereko-Brobby, CEO of the defunct Ghana@50 Secretariat.

The order given on March 10, 2010, was given on the basis of an ex-parte motion filed by the Deputy Inspector J.K. Lodonu of the Commercial Crime Unit on March 9, 2010.

It directs the Prudential Bank Limited to disclose the full details of the said bank account to the police for the period 1 January 2006 to 28 February 2009 – the very same period during which Dr Wereko-Brobby served as the chief executive of the Ghana@50 Secretariat.

In a statement issued by Dr Charles Wereko-Brobby in Accra on Tuesday, the application to the court served by the police cited a purported case between the Republic of Ghana and Dr Wereko-Brobbfy’s business as the basis for the request of the order.

According to Dr Wereko-Brobby, the move was an invasion of the confidentiality between his company and the bank.

Dr Wereko-Brobby has denied knowledge of any court case between his business and the police which warrants the application.

“I have never been invited by the police nor at any time been charged with any offence(s) in relation to the operation of the business under reference. I therefore find it both intriguing and mischievous that the police can go to court and claim to the court that it is prosecuting a case between the State and my business venture; for which reason one A. S. P. Annor, purportedly named as the prosecutor, was heard by the court, following which an order was served on the bank to breach the confidentiality of its relations with me”

“I also find it intriguing that the Honourable Justice granted the motion on an ex-parte basis without seeking to hear my side of the story or obtaining incontrovertible evidence of the existence of a legal action against my business before granting the order with so much haste”. If the court was minded to be fair and even handed, it could have asked my bank to make arrangements for me to appear before him to argue my case before coming to a decision on the matter.”

“I have instructed my legal counsel to take urgent and immediate steps to have the court order set aside as I am not aware of any legal action that the police has taken against my business or any police investigations into business. I challenge the police to provide evidence of when they commenced any prosecution against my business name or myself and when I was served with any charges,” Dr Wereko-Brobby stated.


Source: Myjoyonline.com/Ghana

No comments:

Ghana Pundit Headline News

E-mail subscription

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Pan Africa News

Graphic Ghana

MYJOYONLINE.COM

Peacefm Online - News with a vision

The Times - World News

The Times - Africa News

Pambazuka News :Emerging powers in Africa Watch

AfricaNews - RSS News

The Zimbabwe Telegraph

BBC News | Africa | World Edition

Modern Ghana

My Blog List

R.I.P.

R.I.P.

AfriGator

AfrigatorAfrigator