Welcome to Ghana Pundit: The Home of Politics and Intelligent Analysis

LATEST:

Grab the widget  Tech Dreams

Insist on Your Right to Education

Uneducated citizenry is like a pitch any game can be played on it. Illiteracy is what has given the politicians in Ghana the chance to fool so many people for so a long a time.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Ghanaians are disappointed in Mills' government- Wereko-Brobby


Dr Wereko-Brobby
Dr Wereko-Brobby

The Chief Executive Officer of the erstwhile Ghana@50 Secretariat, Dr Charles Wereko-Brobby, says majority of Ghanaians are disappointed in the Mills’ government and want the NPP back.

He said Ghanaians were yearning for the return of the New Patriotic Party to “do what they did well. They did well for the past eight years.”

Dr Wereko-Brobby was speaking to Joy FM’s Super Morning Show host Kojo Oppong-Nkrumah on his ambitions of becoming the next national chairman of the NPP.

He said it was also his conviction that his neutrality makes him the best candidate for the post.

According to him, the main opposition party needed as a leader, a person that is not perceived to be aligned with any of the competing factions in the party.

That, he said was absolutely necessary if the party is to recapture power which it lost to the National Democratic Congress in the last elections.

“I believe that I do have what it takes to ensure that we develop and pick up a winning team without carrying the baggage of division,” he stated.

Dr. Wereko-Brobby, a founding member of the NPP who broke away from the party to form the United Ghana Movement, rejected suggestions he was not qualified to contest the NPP Chairmanship.

“I don’t think that (with) my wide experience I will be offering myself for a position if I didn’t believe that I am qualified to do the job…I’m qualified also as a member of the party,” he explained.

Describing himself as a doer, the former Volta River Authority boss said he is capable and has the ability to deliver things and deliver them well to the satisfaction of everybody.

Responding to issues of perceptions of his tendency to have disagreements with people, he said: “The important thing is not to look for perceptions, I am presenting myself not as Jesus Christ or Mohammed, I’m presenting myself as a human being and what you need to do is (look) at the collective effect of what you are doing. A few may not agree with you but I think the important thing is the sum of the whole.”

Widely referred to as Tarzan, Dr Wereko-Brobby said his primary concern was returning the NPP to power.


Story by Malik Abass Daabu/Myjoyonline.com/Ghana

No comments:

Ghana Pundit Headline News

E-mail subscription

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Pan Africa News

Graphic Ghana

MYJOYONLINE.COM

Peacefm Online - News with a vision

The Times - World News

The Times - Africa News

Pambazuka News :Emerging powers in Africa Watch

AfricaNews - RSS News

The Zimbabwe Telegraph

BBC News | Africa | World Edition

Modern Ghana

My Blog List

R.I.P.

R.I.P.

AfriGator

AfrigatorAfrigator