Welcome to Ghana Pundit: The Home of Politics and Intelligent Analysis

LATEST:

Grab the widget  Tech Dreams

Insist on Your Right to Education

Uneducated citizenry is like a pitch any game can be played on it. Illiteracy is what has given the politicians in Ghana the chance to fool so many people for so a long a time.

Monday, September 14, 2009

Ato Kwamena Dadzie: GROW UP OR SHUT UP: A non-response


Author, Ato Kwamena Dadzie
Author, Ato Kwamena Dadzie
All throughout the weekend, I’ve been getting a lot of calls and email from people asking me if I had seen this: Ato Kwamena Dadzie, grow up or shut up!!!

It’s an article castigating me for raising questions about the competence of Zita Okaikoi, my poor education, my failure to learn from the likes of Komla Dumor and Akwasi Sarpong, both former colleagues of mine at Joy FM and now working with the BBC.

I read it and I had a good laugh.

A lot of the people who read it and contacted me have asked if I would respond and when. Some have specifically told me to respond (as if they decide what I do), with someone suggesting that if I don’t respond my “name will forever be (tarnished).”

So here is my response – I don’t have a response. Not to this one. And not now. I don’t engage in ‘shadow-boxing’. I don’t respond to articles written by faceless non-entities. The day the writer shows his real identity – who he is, where he works, who he works for and what he does – I might consider a response. For now, I am glad the gentleman has had his say. That is the beauty of democracy.


Credit: Ato Kwamena Dadzie

No comments:

Ghana Pundit Headline News

E-mail subscription

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Pan Africa News

Graphic Ghana

MYJOYONLINE.COM

Peacefm Online - News with a vision

The Times - World News

The Times - Africa News

Pambazuka News :Emerging powers in Africa Watch

AfricaNews - RSS News

The Zimbabwe Telegraph

BBC News | Africa | World Edition

Modern Ghana

My Blog List

R.I.P.

R.I.P.

AfriGator

AfrigatorAfrigator