This was on the advice of the Upper East and the Northern Regional Security Councils.
The curfew takes effect from 1200 midnight to 0400 hours each day for the Bawku Municipality and Gushegu Township.
This was contained in a statement signed and issued by Mr Cletus Avoka, Minister of Interior, in Accra on Monday.
The statement said a ban had been imposed on persons from carrying arms, ammunitions or any offensive weapons in the Bawku Municipality, Zabzugu, Binduri, Pusiga, Zoasi and Gushegu townships and their environs.
“Any person found with any arms or ammunition will be arrested and prosecuted,” the statement said.
It expressed government's disappointment at the recent violence in Bawku which resulted in the death of two persons.
It said government would continue to appeal to the chiefs, elders, opinion leaders and the various factions to exercise maximum restraint in the face of provocation and to use non violent means to resolve conflicts that arose.
“Government is very much committed to protecting all parties in
conflicts as well as ensuring the maintenance of law and order at all
times,” it said.
The statement urged parties to the various conflicts in the country to unite and work towards achieving peace in their respective areas.