Information reaching DAILY GUIDE suggests that the notorious car dealer who was elevated to the position of deputy boss of the Confiscated Vehicles Committee, Nana Ekuban Olivier, also called Frenchman, is being deported to his native Cote d’Ivoire.
His deportation follows a brief investigation on him after he caused a scare on Christmas eve by drawing a fully-loaded gun at the confiscated car depot at Tema.
DAILY GUIDE reported at the weekend that Nana Ekuban Olivier had been arrested by the Bureau of National Investigations (BNI) and according to additional information, was being held over the past three days.
Olivier’s arrest, DAILY GUIDE learnt, was in connection with some stolen cars at the Tema Port.
The arrest of Frenchman was confirmed by Alex Segbefia on Joy Fm’s Newsfile programme on Saturday.
His action was said to have caused government grave embarrassment against the backdrop of an already negative press on the activities of the committee.
Sources said some car dealers had also petitioned security agencies about monies allegedly paid to some persons involved in the allocation of confiscated cars.
Olivier was stopped from breaching procedures in the disposal of stolen vehicles in a container at the depot when he stormed the place in the company of some National Security operatives.
Not happy about the action, he reached for his gun but was unable to pull the trigger as he was disarmed by a CEPS officer on the spot.
It is now established that the man is a national of neighbouring Cote d’Ivoire and was engaged by Carl Wilson to serve as his deputy while they both reported to deputy Chief of Staff Alex Segbefia.
The Confiscated Vehicles Committee earned negative headlines recently, after revelations about an assortment of improprieties in its management under the chairmanship of Carl Wilson.
News about alleged improprieties against the committee attracted the attention of President John Evans Atta Mills who ordered an investigation.
Rumours are rife that Segbefia has allegedly threatened to resign if Carl Wilson is taken off his schedule.
The earlier exit order to Carl Wilson appears to have been successfully fought by Alex Segbefia until the end of the ongoing investigation into his activities and allegations of corruption in the allocation of vehicles.
DAILY GUIDE has learnt that Alex Segbefia threatened to walk out of the government should his boy be dismissed. He seems to have had his way as Carl Wilson hovers around the committee, though with an impaired ego.
Alex had demanded proof of Carl Wilson’s dismissal when news about the action was made public by DAILY GUIDE.
Meanwhile, a pro-NDC newspaper, Daily Post has also reported that President Mills ordered for the dismissal of Carl Wilson on the eve of Xmas last year.
By A.R. Gomda/ Daily Guide
Monday, January 11, 2010
Castle Gunman To Be Deported
Ghana Pundit Headline News
Pan Africa News
Peacefm Online - News with a vision
The Times - World News
The Times - Africa News
Pambazuka News :Emerging powers in Africa Watch
AfricaNews - RSS News
The Zimbabwe Telegraph
BBC News | Africa | World Edition
My Blog List
China To Set Up a New International Development Cooperation Agency - The National People's Congress will vote Saturday on a proposal to set up a new national International Development Cooperation Agency: Responsibility for ...6 days ago
A Leopard can’t change its skin: PNDC versus Rev. Charles Palmer Buckle, NDC versus Rev Martey & Otabil - The Catholic Standard, before it was banned by the PNDC government of Jerry John Rawlings in 1985, was Ghana’s oldest private newspaper, owned by the Catho...1 year ago