Monday, July 27, 2009
National Security sacks 160
Daily Guide has gathered that 160 National Security personnel reportedly employed between 2001 and 2008 have been penciled for dismissal and 70 of them were given their termination of appointment letters last week.
The dismissal letters were signed by the Ag. Deputy National Security Co-ordinator, K.D. Dankwa, and did not state the reason for the mass exercise or the criteria by which the recipients were selected.
A copy of the letters sighted by Daily Guide stated: “I wish to …inform you that the office will no longer require your services…. H.E. the President and the National Security Co-ordinator have asked me to convey to you their appreciation for your dedicated and loyal service to the Republic of Ghana.”
A number of the said workers who reside in government apartments have also been given quit notices and ordered to vacate the premise by end of this month or risk being thrown out with force.
Attempts by Daily Guide to reach the National Security Co-ordinator, Gbevlo Lartey, proved futile as he did not pick his phone and a sms text message sent to his phone number to book an interview was not replied.
Some of the affected workers who were stationed at the Castle said they were initially invited for interrogation after which they were reassigned to various national security offices nationwide.
They said during the interrogation, they were asked questions about their relation with the New Patriotic Party (NPP) and what role they played during election 2008.
“About eight of us from the Castle who were employed between 2001 and 2008 have been left to work and some of them have even been promoted; they are the ones giving all sorts of information on which ex-minister is driving which car,” they alleged.
Source: Daily Guide
Ghana Pundit Headline News
Pan Africa News
Peacefm Online - News with a vision
The Times - World News
The Times - Africa News
Pambazuka News :Emerging powers in Africa Watch
AfricaNews - RSS News
The Zimbabwe Telegraph
BBC News | Africa | World Edition
My Blog List
Trump’s New Anti-Immigrant Assault: Denaturalization - If Trump had his way...[*insert Pink Floyd lyrics of choice here*].I am simply astounded that a person purportedly engaged in the hospitality industry is ...2 days ago
A Leopard can’t change its skin: PNDC versus Rev. Charles Palmer Buckle, NDC versus Rev Martey & Otabil - The Catholic Standard, before it was banned by the PNDC government of Jerry John Rawlings in 1985, was Ghana’s oldest private newspaper, owned by the Catho...1 year ago