Welcome to Ghana Pundit: The Home of Politics and Intelligent Analysis

LATEST:

Grab the widget  Tech Dreams

Insist on Your Right to Education

Uneducated citizenry is like a pitch any game can be played on it. Illiteracy is what has given the politicians in Ghana the chance to fool so many people for so a long a time.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Nduom to contest for MP as independent candidate if merger fails


2008 Flagbearer of the Convention Peoples Party (CPP), Dr. Paa Kwesi Nduom
2008 Flagbearer of the Convention Peoples Party (CPP), Dr. Paa Kwesi Nduom
 
  
 
The 2008 Flagbearer of the Convention Peoples Party (CPP), Dr. Paa Kwesi Nduom has thrown yet another challenge to detractors of the PNC-CPP merger, threatening to run as independent Candidate in future elections if the merger fails.

Dr. Nduom is unhappy about what he says are attempts by some executives of both parties to foil the planned merger although there have been several meetings to that effect.

The two parties have since 1992 struggled to form an Nkrumaist alliance to battle the NPP-NDC dominance but to no avail.

Dr. Nduom had earlier vowed to quit the CPP if the merger does not materialise ahead of the 2012 elections, a statement that was met with mixed reactions from key members of both the CPP and PNC.

But in his latest outburst, the Former KEEA MP told Citi FM he would contest as an Independent Parliamentary Candidate in any future elections if the merger fails. Dr. Nduom however failed to comment on plans to form and lead a new political party.

"If it doesn’t happen, there are about three options for me. One is to do nothing as far as politics is concerned and focus on my business which is enough activity for me. Number two, is to see if there are other people in the PNC and CPP who feel like me to have the courage enough to say that we have come together so let’s go.

"And the third option is to say let me go back and be a Member of Parliament, and I will go back not on the ticket of the CPP but as an independent candidate and go back to parliament" he said.

"If enough leading members of both parties say they won’t work because there is no merger and decide to leave, I will be one of them, but that is not my preferred option. My preferred option is to see Alhaji Ramadan hand in hand with Ladi Nylander and the rest saying at long last we have come together so let’s go".

Asked why he would not contest to lead the CPP, Dr. Nduom responded, "my brother do you think one percent is formidable enough? I am not interested in one percent or two percent. I want something significant. We have made a lot of progress since 1992, but we have a little way to go so let’s concentrate on that and make it happen.

"I won’t waste my time, I won’t waste my brains, I won’t waste my effort on something that is not going to work. I might as well sit and do nothing and just be a voter and work to create jobs and do whatever it is that I can do privately. For me it’s important that we keep and stay on the message of unity. I will be there wherever there is unity, otherwise life must go on" he added.


Source: Citifmonline

No comments:

Ghana Pundit Headline News

E-mail subscription

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Pan Africa News

Graphic Ghana

MYJOYONLINE.COM

Peacefm Online - News with a vision

The Times - World News

The Times - Africa News

Pambazuka News :Emerging powers in Africa Watch

AfricaNews - RSS News

The Zimbabwe Telegraph

BBC News | Africa | World Edition

Modern Ghana

My Blog List

R.I.P.

R.I.P.

AfriGator

AfrigatorAfrigator