Welcome to Ghana Pundit: The Home of Politics and Intelligent Analysis

LATEST:

Grab the widget  Tech Dreams

Insist on Your Right to Education

Uneducated citizenry is like a pitch any game can be played on it. Illiteracy is what has given the politicians in Ghana the chance to fool so many people for so a long a time.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Ghanaian political leaders want to eliminate illiteracy?



Fred wrote:

Egya Kojo Sam:

It was Mao Tung, the Chinese leader, who once said, "I don't know economics but If I see a good economy I can tell you." Do African presidents orpolitical leaders want progress? I don't think so! Their attitudes and actions show that they don't. When I look at them I see people who are content with the status-quo. They don't want any progressive transformations of our society, they just want things to remain the way they are. Think about these: Do Ghanaian political leaders want to eliminate illiteracy, unemployment/underemployment and unproductive civil workers? Do they want to build infrastructures of roads, bridges, underground sewage system, school buildings, pipe-borne water, clinics, etc? I don't think so! If they really want these things for their people, I want to see a different attitude and action from them.

Kojo, I am aware of the group of Ghanaian university alumni who meet in the state. Yes, they stated that they wanted lecturers but the leader of the group, Kwame Adakwa, was very emphatic on the need for parking lots for Teck!... Parking lots for the university because some students drive their cars to school. How many students have cars? Are those pressing priority! When some people suggested that students who wanted a parking lot should be prepared to pay for it, he stated that they wanted it free. Then how do you recoup the cost of the investment in parking lot?Sometimes I feel like giving up on Ghana, because I think we have a bunch of visionless and unthinking people in positions of leadership. I don't want to say more on that issue because it drives me crazy.
Kojo, Ghanaians are all over the place. While many Ghanaians are doing odd jobs in oversea others are lucratively employed. Look, we have Ghanaians in every profession. But, you know what? I am not prepared to go back home and help in any thing. The fact is that I would be arguing and disagreeing with them all the time. So what is the point? I would be critical of their do-nothing attitude, fa ma oyame attitude, obroni-superior attitude, foreign input attitude, you name it. I will end here.Have a nice day. Fred

No comments:

Ghana Pundit Headline News

E-mail subscription

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Pan Africa News

Graphic Ghana

MYJOYONLINE.COM

Peacefm Online - News with a vision

The Times - World News

The Times - Africa News

Pambazuka News :Emerging powers in Africa Watch

AfricaNews - RSS News

The Zimbabwe Telegraph

BBC News | Africa | World Edition

Modern Ghana

My Blog List

R.I.P.

R.I.P.

AfriGator

AfrigatorAfrigator